No Results Found
Business energy saving advice to help your business save money and maximise energy efficiencies.
Many businesses can benefit from the government’s rollout of new smart meters to monitor business energy consumption:
Smart meters send meter readings for electricity and gas to suppliers automatically, saving time and ensuring accuracy. Even more beneficial is the accurate data that smart meters are able to provide to the business, allowing you to accurately assess your business’s energy usage. This can help you identify how to save energy, and save money as a result. Once you have a smart meter installed, it’s important to nominate at least one staff member in the organisation to be responsible for monitoring and analysing this data and using it to inform an effective energy strategy for your business.
Easy energy-saving measures
Energy saving is both a long- and short-term strategy. Some energy efficiencies require initial investment or infrastructure, but others can be implemented almost right away. Here are some ideas to save energy and cut business costs now:
- Shutdown and unplug laptops, PCs, printers and other equipment at the end of the day.
- Use Energy-Star appliances that use energy more efficiently.
- Keep your home at a temperature that’s comfortable, without wasting heat.
- Replace all of your incandescent lights with LED or energy-efficient fluorescents (they cost a little more upfront, but last 10 times as long and are four times more efficient).
- Try using natural lighting as much as possible.
- Turn off lights when not in use, or install occupancy sensors.
- Clean or replace your air filters regularly
Long-term energy-efficient investments
Longer-term energy-efficient investments can include:
- Installing solar panels
- Re-insulating your building
- Upgrading your heating and cooling systems
- Investing in new energy-efficient equipment.
Not only will implementing these measures save both energy and money, but can also qualify your business for tax reliefs if you can demonstrate that you’re operating your business more efficiently.
To start saving energy, money (and the planet!), browse through our list of top rated Energy Saving suppliers and services below.